Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Beach, by Catherine Shaw and Brooke Bodhaine

The Beach

The sand moves carefully in between my toes, wherever my feet walk, the sand must go

I feel the warm air, tingling on my skin as it warms my soul, from the outside within.

I splash in the water and through the sea, to refresh my mind and to be who I’ll be

As the sounds of laughter, of joy, and of glee, I bask on my own life and think happily.

The joy the beach brings is not necessarily real, for people can make that mood seem so surreal.

The beach brings peace to the troubled mind, but only humans can feel of that kind.

It reminds us of joy and of peace and love, but in life we oft see the seagull and not dove.

In life you find beauty in artificial skin, but true peace and beauty always comes from within.

Theme; Beautiful places remind us of the love and happiness in the world.
Poetic Device; Rhyming

No comments:

Post a Comment